3 Simple Steps
It’s true, you can start a successful home based business in 3 simple steps. Basically it all comes down to creating a funnel and driving traffic. When you get traffic to your funnel you collect the email addresses of your prospects, the first step in creating your audience.
The money is in the list, you’ve heard it before, I’ll say it again because it’s so important and one of the biggest mistakes people make, “The Money Is In The List”, so get started on building it.
If you’re spending money on advertising or just getting free traffic to your ads or website if you’re not capturing your visitors email address you’re missing out on future sales. Most people don’t buy the first time they see something, it takes a few times, if you’ve got them on your email list you can send them updates and more information to keep them interested in your products or services.
Step one: Find a product/service to sell, whether your own or someone else’s
- If not your own Clickbank is simple affiliate network to get approved and sell other people’s products for a commission. Most products offer 50-75% commissions. Other good affiliate networks include CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction), Share A Sale and MoreNiche.
- If using your own products or services make sure you have all your pages setup, sales, thank you, OTO’s if applicable.
- For both methods capture emails from prospective customers using a landing page.
Step two: Setup your landing page
- If you have WP site create a landing page to capture emails.
- If you don’t have a website, or just don’t want one, a simple way to start is to use ClickFunnels from Russel Brunson. It’s a bit pricey but very good. They also include lots of great training materials with your account.
- Use an autoresponder, such as aWeber, to manage your list.
Step three: Drive traffic to your landing page
- Paid traffic. Solo ads, Facebook & Instagram ads, LinkedIn, Bing, Google, Reddit
- Free traffic. Content marketing, you can do if you have a website or blog, takes time to see results though. Social media, post on your social media, link back to your landing page, takes time again, lots of trial and error on what types of posts work, quicker than content marketing.
- Attraction Marketing is a great way to drive traffic and build a long term sustainable business, you can check it out here and sign up for the free course to get started quickly.
Continually drive traffic to your landing page to get your email list built up. Basically it boils down to:
- Driving people to the landing page
- Get them to sign up for your email list
- Send them to the thank you page
- On the thank you page you can present your offer or other info
- Setup autoresponder messages to continually sell to your list.
For an easy to read guide from one of the best in the business check out Anik Signals book, available on Kindle for a few dollars, “The First 10,000 Subscribers”.
NOTE: when trying to sell, whether your own product or someone else’s, make sure it’s something of value, nothing will lose you the trust of your subscriber’s quicker than trying to sell them junk. I personally only promote products I’ve bought and find have great value. If it’s something I use and know it works as advertised, or even better than advertised, and I think it’s great value I let people know.
Of course here’s where it doesn’t matter what you think there will always be someone who disagrees. For example, Clickfunnels, it’s a great product, it is expensive, but I like it and use it in some of my funnels. But of course there’s people out there who don’t like it, say it’s overpriced, it’s junk, it’s this and that. Well whatever, can’t please everyone.